Mrs. Fields' Gingerbread Men
Mrs. Fields' Gingerbread Men are the perfect cookies to get your whole family in the holiday spirit this year. Make these delicious gingerbread men and women, then decorate them however you'd like. Consider packaging them in a decorative box or tin, and gifting them to all your friends and family this year.
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1/2 cup raisins, about 3-ounces, optional
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
Preparation time 90mins
Cooking time 125mins
Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
Whisk together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a medium bowl
In large bowl with an electric mixer cream butter and sugar. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add egg and molasses, and beat on medium speed until smooth. Scrape bowl and add the flour mixture. Blend on low speed until combined; do not overmix.
Separate dough into 2 balls and flatten into disks. Wrap each disk tightly in plastic wrap or a plastic bag, and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
On floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. With floured cookie cutters cut into gingerbread men. Gather scraps and re-roll dough until all dough is used. Place on ungreased baking sheets 1/2-inch apart.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges have just browned. Remove from the oven and cool on a cookie sheet for at least 10 minutes.
If you want to use raisins to decorate the cookies, plump raisins first by soaking them in warm water for 5 minutes. Discard water. Use raisins as eyes, mouth and buttons.
Whisk sugar and milk together in a small bowl until mixture is smooth but liquid. If it seems dry, add 1/4 teaspoon more milk. Spoon icing into a pastry bag fitted with a small piping tip. Decorate gingerbread men as desired.
You'll also love
- Grandma’s Gingerbread Men 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Tautog Baked in Herbed Butter 3.7/5 (97 Votes)
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Creme de Menthe Layer Cake 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Tequila Lime Seasoning Mix 3.9/5 (40 Votes)
- Mom's Molasses Applesauce Cookies 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Chex Mix Christmas Crack 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Gingerbread Cookies (soft) 0/5 (0 Votes)