Quick and Easy Chicken Fried Rice
Tastes better than take out or delivery! Save some money making this easy and delicious Chicken Fried Rice recipe from home.
- 3 large eggs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 chicken breast, boneless, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Garlic powder
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Beat eggs with a whisk in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Heat very little oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat and make an omelette. Coarsely chop. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, toss chicken strips and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil over high heat in large frying pan or wok and stir-fry the prepared chicken strips until lightly golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Coarsely chop. Set aside
Re-add the chicken to the pan and add the onion and garlic and stir-fry until onion has softened. Add 2 tablespoons more vegetable oil and when hot, stir in the cooked rice, tossing and mixing thoroughly until very hot. Sprinkle with soy sauce and mix evenly.
Remove from heat and stir in chopped cooked egg.
You'll also love
- Homemade Chicken 'n Dumplins 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Orange Chicken Recipe 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Rice-A-Roni Casserole 3.5/5 (218 Votes)
- Spicy Cajun Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Shrimp & Shiitake Stir-Fry with... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Fried Rice in an Instant Pot 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Teppanyaki Style Fried Rice 4.2/5 (39 Votes)