Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
If you love Teriyaki chicken then you'll need to try this Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs recipe.
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, juices drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from justataste.com
Preheat the oven to 500ºF. Spray a mini-muffin pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, stir together the milk and Panko breadcrumbs and let sit for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, garlic, ginger, scallions, soy sauce, crushed pineapple, pepper and soaked breadcrumbs. Use your hands to thoroughly combine the meat mixture and then shape it into balls using 2 to 3 tablespoons of meat per meatball.
Place the shaped meatballs into the prepared pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the meatballs are fully cooked. While the meatballs are baking, prepare the sauce.
In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, whisk together the soy sauce, water, pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Cook, whisking constantly, until the sugar has dissolved fully.
In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with the water to make a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the sauce and simmer until it has thickened to the consistency of syrup, about 5 minutes.
Remove the meatballs from the oven and transfer them into a large bowl. Pour the sauce on top and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
After draining the crushed pineapple, use the resulting juice in the sauce recipe.
The meatball mixture will be very wet while you are shaping it into balls, however the added liquid from the milk and crushed pineapple helps guarantee the meatballs will be very moist.
You'll also love
- Creamy Chicken Broccoli Casserole 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Swirly Dogs from your Bread Machine 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Healthy Curried Chicken Salad... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Asian Sweet Chili Sesame Chicken 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Hot Buffalo Chicken Meatball... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Sticky Glaze Chicken Thighs with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)