Teppanyaki Style Fried Rice
Looking for the perfect rice dish? Try this delicious and simple Teppanyaki Style Fried Rice, with eggs, pancetta and veggies.
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs (scrambled)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 package pancetta (found in the deli aisle, however, regular bacon will do)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas & carrots
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 to 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions/green onions (for garnish)
- 2 drops sesame oil (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Scramble & cook eggs, then set aside in a small bowl.
in the same pan, cook the onions until translucent & set aside in a small bowl.
Slice pancetta in small strips (*tip: freeze pancetta/bacon for easier & cleaner slicing) & fry until crisp; set aside in a small bowl.
Lower heat to low & stir in rice, butter, garlic powder, peas, carrots & soy sauce until fully incorporated.
Add pancetta, eggs, & onions back into the pan; add sesame oil & stir well.
Add sesame seeds & green onions for garnish.