Shrimp & Shiitake Stir-Fry with Crispy Noodles Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 small head bok choy
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined X Quality holiday appetizer Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp. Learn More >
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chow mein noodles
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. Cut off and discard root end of bok choy, leaving stalks with leaves. Cut leaves from stalks. Slice leaves; set aside. Slice stalks.
In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 1 tablespoon oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
Stir-fry the ginger, garlic and pepper flakes in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add the onion, mushrooms and bok choy stalks; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add bok choy leaves; stir-fry 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Serve with rice if desired.
Yield: 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Egg Ravioli 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Cranberry Ginger Martini 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Clam Dip in a Bread Bowl 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Mediterranean Couscous (Vegan) 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Hatch Chile Crab Cakes 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Seafood Stuffed Colossal Shrimp 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- N'awlins BBQ Shrimp 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Jollibee Style Spaghetti 3.9/5 (156 Votes)