Rosemary Chicken With Roasted Garlic, Potatoes And Carrots
- 1 chicken - (4 to 4 lbs)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup sherry wine
- 3 large rosemary sprigs
- 1 large onion
- 1 head garlic
- 8 small new potatoes
- 6 medium carrots
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Place whole chicken in an oiled roasting pan. Insert rosemary and onion (halved) into cavity of chicken. Wedge potatoes and slice carrots. Break garlic into cloves. Place carrots, potatoes and garlic around chicken. Pour chicken stock and sherry over the chicken. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
Roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees and roast for an additional 20 minutes or until juice runs clear when leg is pierced with fork.
This recipe yields 3 to 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Pasta 4.4/5 (301 Votes)
- The Best Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe... 4.2/5 (96 Votes)
- Peach Brandy Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)