Sour Cream-Cranberry Muffins
Yoy will really enjoy these Sour Cream-Cranberry Muffins warm right out of the oven with a nice hot cup of hot coffee. Yum!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (8-ounce) carton dairy sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from midwestliving.com
Lightly coat 12 regular (2-1/2-inch) muffins cups with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream or yogurt, 1/2 cup sugar, milk and egg. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the dried cranberries.
Stir together the brown sugar, pecans, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
Spoon half of the batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle half of the nut mixture into the cups. Top with remaining batter and remaining nut mixture.
Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan and serve warm.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Pretzel Salad 4/5 (86 Votes)
- Creamy Apple Cranberry Coleslaw 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Tyler Florence's Ultimate Ribs 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Funfetti Cheesecake 3.9/5 (46 Votes)
- General Tso's Shrimp 4/5 (62 Votes)
- The Original Yumm Bowl 4/5 (53 Votes)
- Apple Fritter Cinnamon Roll Bake 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- FITMENCOOK LEAN PRO8, BLUEBERRY... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)