Macaroni Grill's Shrimp Portofino
At Macaroni Grill, one of the classic dishes is the Shrimp Portofino. This Macaroni Grill Shrimp Portofino recipe includes large shrimp, mushrooms, spinach, heavy cream and lemon butter sauce served over cooked pasta, yum!
- LEMON BUTTER SAUCE:
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined, cut in half
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted pine nuts
- 6 handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- 6 cups cooked vermicelli pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 sticks salted butter, cut in tablespoons
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Wash spinach and remove stems before drying leaves between paper towels. Set aside.
Spread pine nuts over bottom of sheet pan and place pan in oven on top rack. Roast until golden brown, approximately 2 to 4 min. Remove from oven and set aside.
Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
Prepare lemon butter sauce. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over med-high heat. Saute shallots and garlic until translucent.
Add white wine and reduce slightly more than 1/2, whisking occasionally.
Add cream and reduce by 1/2. Add lemon juice and reduce by 1/2. Add white pepper. Reduce heat to low. Add remaining butter 2 tablespoons at a time, whisking continuously after each addition to completely incorporate butter. Continue to simmer, whisking until sauce just coats spoon.
In large skillet over med-high heat, melt the 4 tablespoons of butter. Add garlic and saute until garlic is translucent. Stir in mushrooms, shrimp, and pine nuts. Saute several minutes or until shrimp are done and show color.
Remove skillet from heat and gently stir in spinach. Place warm pasta on plate with shrimp mixture to the side. Pour lemon sauce over pasta, permitting a bit of sauce onto shrimp.
You'll also love
- Funfetti Cheesecake 3.9/5 (56 Votes)
- Crawfish Etouffee - The Easy Way 3.9/5 (69 Votes)
- Chicken Rollatini with Spinach... 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Sous Vide Shrimp 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Noodle Kugel 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Caldo de Verduras con Conchitas... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Moroccan Chicken and Couscous Soup 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- One Skillet Sausage & White Bean... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)