Bacon & Broccoli Rice Bowl
Bacon, broccoli, egg, and soy sauce perfectly mingle to create a super easy, super delicious dish, even on a super busy weeknight!
- 2 cups white rice
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, florets cut into pieces, stems peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Place the rice in a medium saucepan with 2 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until most of the water has been absorbed, about 6 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and cook 12 more minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, until ready to serve.
Cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour out all but about 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the pan and increase the heat to medium high.
Add the broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, until charred in spots. Add 3/4 cup water and simmer until the broccoli is crisp-tender and only a few tablespoons of water remain, about 3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil.
Divide the rice and broccoli among bowls and drizzle with the pan juices.
Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet, season with salt and fry as desired.
Place an egg in each bowl and top with the bacon, cilantro, scallions and pickled jalapenos.
You'll also love
- Apricots and Plums Poached in... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Maple & Mustard Seared Tuna with... 3.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Smoked Duck 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Fennel And Orange Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spicy Peanut Butter Bacon Sliders 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cheese Manicotti 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Broccoli and Quinoa Salad 4.8/5 (4 Votes)