Maple & Mustard Seared Tuna with Potato-Bean Salad
367 calories per person
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (5-ounce) tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salad Dressing: 2 T olive oil, 1 T white wine vinegar, 1/1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp sugar, salt & pepper
- 12 ounces small Dutch potatoes, one (8 oz) package microwave-in-bag green b beans (haricots verts, 1/3 cup chopped green onions, 1 tsp fresh minced tarragon
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Combine syrup, Dijon mustard, juice, oil, and red pepper in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Reserve 4 teaspoons syrup mixture. Add tuna to remaining syrup mixture, turning to coat. Let stand 10 minutes, turning once after 5 minutes.
2. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove tuna from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle tuna with salt and black pepper. Add tuna to pan; cook 90 seconds on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove tuna from pan. Cut across the grain into thick slices. Drizzle with reserved 4 teaspoons syrup mixture.
Salad: Combine dressing ingredients. Pierce potatoes with fork and place in a microwave-safe dish; cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave at high for 5 1/2 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Quarter potatoes and add to dressing mixture; toss to coat. Heat packaged haricots according to package. Add haricots, green onions, and tarragon to potato mixture; toss.