Fennel And Orange Salad
- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 2 medium blood oranges
- Orange juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Butterhead (Bibb or Boston) lettuce leaves
- Snipped fresh chives
Adapted from bhg.com
Cut off and discard upper stalks of fennel bulbs; if desired, reserve some of the feathery leaves. Cut off a thin slice from base of fennel bulbs. Remove and discard any wilted outer layers. Wash fennel and cut each bulb into 1/4-inch slices, discarding core. Set aside.
Peel and section blood oranges over a large bowl to catch the juice. For dressing, in the same bowl, whisk together the reserved orange juice,* the olive oil, and vinegar.
Line four salad plates with lettuce leaves. Arrange the fennel slices and orange sections on lettuce; sprinkle with chives. Drizzle dressing over salads. If desired, garnish salads with reserved fennel leaves. Makes 4 side-dish servings.
You'll also love
- Autumn Farro Salad with Kale,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chunky Squash & Chickpea Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Pear Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pan Seared Honey Glazed Salmon... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon and Dill Chicken 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Carrot Cake... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Fennel-Coriander Top Sirloin Roast 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Sea Bass With Fennel... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)