Pimento Cheese Crostini
An adaptation on a Southern classic, nothing beats fresh, homemade pimiento cheese—especially on a toasted slice of baguette!
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (4-ounce) jar pimientos, drained and chopped
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 large baguette, cut into forty 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
In a bowl, combine cheddar, cream cheese and mayonnaise. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until blended and fairly smooth. Stir in pimientos, scallions, garlic powder and cayenne. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
Heat broiler to high. Place baguette slices on 2 small baking sheets. Brush on both sides with oil. Toast under broiler (4 inches from heat) 2 minutes. Flip over and broil another 1 to 2 minutes.
Spread 1 heaping tablespoon pimento cheese on each toast.
You'll also love
- Easy Peanut Butter Cup Fudge 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Pineapple-Mango Popsicles 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Butter Toffee Brittle 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Chipotle Meatball Appetizers 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Spiced Bourbon Beer & Maple... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Copycat Spicy Queso Blanco... 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Coconut Loaf Cake 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Nachos 4.4/5 (21 Votes)