Healthy Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 16oz can low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce*
ut the chicken, garlic, and chicken broth in the crockpot. Add water as needed until the chicken is fully immersed in liquid. Cook on high for 3-4 hours until chicken can shred easily with two forks. (Note: when I quadrupled this recipe I had to cook it for 5.5 hours to cook all the way through because the crockpot was so full). Shred chicken and discard of all the broth except for ½ cup. Add hot sauce and cook another 30 minutes or so.
Note: I found that this wasn’t quite as spicy as I like it, so I added a little more Frank’s at the end. My husband liked it this way though, so I would say this has a fairly mild heat/spicyness.
And that’s it! The chicken will come out super moist and so delicious. I like cooking chicken in bulk and then freezing it into portion size freezer bags so I can pull one or two out, let them defrost, and eat them as needed. It will stay good in the freezer for 2-3 months as long as most of the air is out of your Ziploc.
We ate it in tortillas with tomatoes and blue cheese and a little sour cream and chopped up bacon.
Today I had a ton of leftovers and decided to make some Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Mini Pizzas. They were sooo yummy! Here are the ingredients I used:
-2 Trader Joe’s Corn and Wheat Tortillas
-Trader Joe’s Fat Free Pizza Sauce
-Low Fat Blue Cheese Crumbles
-1 Low-Fat Mozzarella cheese stick
-4oz Buffalo Crockpot Chicken
-Dash of Frank’s Hot Sauce (optional)
-Assemble all ingredients on each tortilla and bake at 400 for 5-7 minutes, then hi broil for 1-2 minutes (watch carefully at the end so it doesn’t burn).
You'll also love
- Martha Stewart's One Pot Pasta Meal 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Curtis Stone Chipotle Chicken... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Chili - Slow Cooker - Low... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bonnie's Buffalo Chicken Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Fried Steak 4.7/5 (3 Votes)