Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- 4-5 cups cooked chicken, cubed*
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons fried onions (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 X 13 pan with non-stick spray. Place chicken and broccoli in a large mixing bowl. I used raw broccoli; I like mine to be crunchy. If you like your broccoli to be soft, steam it in the microwave 2-3 minutes first.
Sautee onion in olive oil with salt and pepper. When onion is soft and slightly brown (about 3-5 minutes), add cream cheese to sautee pan. When cream cheese is melted, whisk in chicken broth until the mixture is smooth. Allow to simmer for about a minute, or until sauce thickens slightly.
Add cream cheese and onion mixture to chicken and broccoli. Mix well. Add 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese and mix again. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread evenly in baking pan. Add remaining 3/4 cup cheese and fried onions on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling.
You'll also love
- Curtis Stone Chipotle Chicken... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Chicken 4/5 (13 Votes)
- BROCCOLI AND ROTEL CHEESE CASSEROLE 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken & Yellow Rice Casserole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Broccoli and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Pot Pie in a Convection... 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- No Peek Chicken Rice Bake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4.4/5 (8 Votes)