Martha Stewart's One Pot Pasta Meal
Tomatoes and Basil are a perfect match, and pasta is one of my favorite fast dinners to make, at home. This recipe is nothing short of a cooking miracle-- just add pasta, and the rest of the ingredients to a large sauté pan...add water and cook for 9 minutes. You get fast and delicious pasta with a creamy sauce-- without the cream! This recipe is a keeper, for sure. To see how I made this, please click on the recipe source to my food blog, "A Feast for the Eyes.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large.
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (cut to 1/2 if you don't like any kind of heat, but don't leave out as this adds flavor)
- 2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
In a large sauté pan, combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the water.
Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta, stirring frequently with tongs, until al dente and water has nearly evaporated-- about 9 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with torn basil.
Serve with a drizzle of oil and cheese.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Beefy Macaroni 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE COBBLER 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Fettuccine-with-Mushroom-Alfredo 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Spiced Bourbon Beer & Maple... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Bacon, Bourbon, and Hazelnut Hot... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Classic Lasagna 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cheesy Salsa Chicken with Lime,... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Easy Goulash Recipe 4.5/5 (11 Votes)