Curtis Stone Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas
- Chipotle Chicken:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds total), diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups coarsely shredded roasted chicken breast
- (Make-Ahead:The chipotle chicken can be made up to 1 day ahead, cooled, covered, and refrigerated.)
- Four 10-inch-diameter flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded white cheddar cheese (about 12 ounces)
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 4 lime wedges
To prepare the chipotle chicken:
In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, sprinkle with salt, and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chipotle chiles then the tomatoes. Cook until most of the liquid from the tomatoes has evaporated and the mixture begins to thicken, stirring often, about 20 minutes. Stir in the green onions and honey. Stir in the chicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
To make the quesadillas:
Heat a large flat griddle pan over medium-low heat.
Lay 2 tortillas on the griddle and cook until hot but not crisp, about 2 minutes. Turn the tortillas over. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over the bottom halves of the tortillas. Spoon about 3/4 cup of the chicken mixture in an even layer atop the cheese over each tortilla. Top each with 1/4 cup of cheese then with half of the avocado slices. Fold the tortillas over to cover the fillings and form a half-moon shape.
Cook until the tortillas are crisp and golden and the cheese has melted, about 3 minutes on each side. Repeat to make 2 more quesadillas. Open the quesadillas and scatter the cilantro over the filling. Drizzle the crema over the filling then close the quesadillas.
Cut the quesadillas into wedges. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy immediately.
You'll also love
- Chipotle Popcorn Chicken Recipe 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Chicken 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bonnie's Buffalo Chicken Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Poblano Chowder 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chipotle Cashew Chicken 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Chili Verde Chicken... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Bean & Salsa Chicken Wrap 4.3/5 (9 Votes)