In a hurry for some chicken curry? It takes only 10 minutes to assemble this hearty dish; let your slow cooker do the rest. Prep it in the morning and dinner is ready when you get home!
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 16 peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced (about 1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, preferably Madras
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt
- 2 packages frozen green peas (10 ounces each)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews (optional, for serving)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (optional, for serving)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
In a 5-quart slow cooker, toss chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, coriander, and cumin to coat. Season with 2 teaspoons salt. Cover, cook on high setting until chicken is fork-tender, about 4 hours (do not uncover while cooking).
Stir in coconut milk and peas; cover, cook until peas are heated through, about 20 minutes.
Transfer chicken to a large bowl; shred with fork. Return to pot; toss with sauce.
To serve, garnish with 1/2 cup toasted cashews and 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, if desired.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Chicken and Okra 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Asian Style Chicken Strips with... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken, Asparagus, and Bacon... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Chinese Plum Chicken 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Kerala Style Pan-Fried Chicken 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Peach Whisky Barbecue Chicken... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Coconut-Lime Chicken Stew with Rice 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Cheap Chicken Curry 3.8/5 (8 Votes)