Dutch Mess (Wilted Lettuce with Mashed Potatoes)
Creamy mashed potatoes topped with bacon, hardboiled eggs, scallions and lettuce that is quickly wilted from the warm sweet bacon dressing. Yum!
- MASHED POTATOES:
- 2 potatoes, cooked
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups young lettuce or spinach leaves
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
Make the Mashed Potatoes:
Cook the potatoes until tender. While the potatoes are cooking, heat up the cream. Add the butter and stir until melted. Add the cream and butter to the hot potatoes and mash. Season to taste.
Make the Dressing:
Brown bacon in a frying pan. Remove bacon and pat dry. When cooled slightly, crumble the bacon into small pieces. Add vinegar, sugar, and water to the pan with the bacon fat. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
Make the Salad:
Combine the lettuce, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, and scallions. Top with the hot dressing and stir until the lettuce wilts. Serve immediately with the wilted lettuce over mashed potatoes.
You'll also love
- Beverage - Peach Strawberry... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- CORNISH HENS WITH ORANGE HONEY... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- SCALLOPED POTATOES - LIGHT HEALTHY... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Salmon Spinach Pasta 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Rock Bottom Brewery's Spicy... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Red-Leaf Lettuce Salad with... 4/5 (5 Votes)