Spicy Southern-Fried Turkey Wings
Get ready to impress your guests this Thanksgiving with this amazing Spicy Southern-Fried Turkey Wings recipe! Super delicious and moist, you're going to love it!
- 8 turkey wings separated at joints, tips removed, rinsed well and patted dry
- 8 tablespoons Emeril's Essence seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- Peanut oil for frying
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
Preparation time 180mins
Cooking time 240mins
In a large bowl toss the wings with 5 tablespoons of the Essence. Place in a large plastic freezer bag. Add the buttermilk and hot sauce and seal, forcing out as much air out as possible and turning to coat evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Fill a large pot halfway with peanut oil, and heat to 360°F.
In a clean large freezer bag, combine the flour, the remaining 3 tablespoons Essence, and salt.
Remove the turkey wings from the buttermilk, and transfer 2 at a time to the bag with the seasoned flour. Shake to coat and remove, shaking to remove any excess flour.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place coated wings on a large wire rack set over a sheet tray and let rest, un-refrigerated, for 20 minutes. Add to the hot oil and fry until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and season with Essence. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
You'll also love
- Sunday Gravy with Meatballs and... 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Stuffed portobello mushroom pizza 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken with Lime & Plantains 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Paleo Parsnip Mash 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin with Cornbread, Apples and... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Perfect Double Cream Garlic Mashed... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Turkey Breast - Instant Pot 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Smoked Beer-Can Turkey 4/5 (4 Votes)