Spicy Southern-Fried Turkey Wings
Get ready to impress your guests this Thanksgiving with this amazing Spicy Southern-Fried Turkey Wings recipe! Super delicious and moist, you're going to love it!
- 8 turkey wings separated at joints, tips removed, rinsed well and patted dry
- 8 tablespoons Emeril's Essence seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- Peanut oil for frying
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
Preparation time 180mins
Cooking time 240mins
In a large bowl toss the wings with 5 tablespoons of the Essence. Place in a large plastic freezer bag. Add the buttermilk and hot sauce and seal, forcing out as much air out as possible and turning to coat evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Fill a large pot halfway with peanut oil, and heat to 360°F.
In a clean large freezer bag, combine the flour, the remaining 3 tablespoons Essence, and salt.
Remove the turkey wings from the buttermilk, and transfer 2 at a time to the bag with the seasoned flour. Shake to coat and remove, shaking to remove any excess flour.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place coated wings on a large wire rack set over a sheet tray and let rest, un-refrigerated, for 20 minutes. Add to the hot oil and fry until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and season with Essence. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
You'll also love
- Luby’s Carrot / Raisin Salad 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Banana Thick Shake (Without Ice... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Turkey and Vegetable Stuffed Bell... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Portillo's Italian Beef 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Classic Crispy French Fries in an... 3.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Turkey Cupcakes (Thanksgiving) 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Garlic Rosemary Monkey Bread 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet 'n Spicy Sausage 4/5 (9 Votes)