Sweet Potato and Roasted Red Pepper Bisque
- 1 sweet potato (aka garnet yam)
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 tsp. finely grated peeled ginger root
- 1 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. miso paste, diluted in 1 tsp. hot water
- Tamari or Bragg® Liquid Aminos, Himalayan salt, and herbal seasoning (to taste)
Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Cook in boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, roast a whole red bell pepper on gas stovetop or grill, turning frequently until evenly charred on the outside OR in your oven at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 10 minutes or until skin is charred.
Put pepper in bowl and cover with towel for 10 minutes to steam. Clean off skin and seeds by running under cool water. Remove seeds, cut in quarters, and chop one quarter into ½-inch cubes. (Set remainder of pepper aside for another use.)
Place sweet potato, pepper, broth or water, ginger, oil, and miso in blender. (If you want chunky soup, set aside some chunks of pepper.) Blend thoroughly, adding more liquid to achieve desired soup consistency. Transfer to a pot and gently heat on low until hot. Add tamari or aminos, salt, and seasoning as desired. Serves 1.