White Beans with Spinach & Sausage
This hearty soup goes great with barbecue dishes or a nice crusty wheat bread for a filling dinner or lunch.
- 3/4 pound kielbasa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, small diced
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from itsmysideoflife.com
Cook the sausage in a cast iron skillet or non-stick pan on medium high. If using sausage links, sear them well on the sides then slice as desired. Add cooked sausage to the beans along with what's left in the pan.
Pour chicken broth and garlic into a large pot. Place on medium high heat and bring to a simmer. Add in the oil, oregano, and beans mixture. Stir together before adding in tomatoes. Heat through until beans are tender.
Add spinach and cook just until the leaves are wilted. Stir to combine and sprinkle cracked pepper on top.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Orange Sunshine Cake 4.1/5 (56 Votes)
- Cherry white bread pudding 4.1/5 (43 Votes)
- Squash Croquettes 4.1/5 (43 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Onion... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Lemon Ricotta Parmesan Pasta with... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Fat Head Pizza 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Sausage Muffins 4.4/5 (22 Votes)