Looking for a simple side dish to use garden-fresh yellow squash? Try this straightforward version of fried squash.
- 2 cups yellow squash, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from farmflavor.com
In a large bowl, combine squash, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well. Stir in flour.
In a skillet, heat ½-inch oil over medium-high heat.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil.
Cook about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, turning once.
Drain croquettes on paper towels.
You'll also love
- Spicy Roasted Vegetable Macaroni... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Egg - Cheese & Sausage Soufflé 4.3/5 (43 Votes)
- Besito Guacamole 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Coins 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Potato Salmon Cakes with Lemon... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Blooming Onions: Bite-Sized 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Simple Refried Beans 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Mexican Hash Brown Breakfast... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)