Looking for a simple side dish to use garden-fresh yellow squash? Try this straightforward version of fried squash.
- 2 cups yellow squash, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from farmflavor.com
In a large bowl, combine squash, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well. Stir in flour.
In a skillet, heat ½-inch oil over medium-high heat.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil.
Cook about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, turning once.
Drain croquettes on paper towels.
You'll also love
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Onion... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Crispy Creme Doughnuts 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Coconut Loaf Cake 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Fat Head Pizza 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Stollen Bites 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cornbread with Cinnamon... 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Mighty Marshmallow Crescent Puffs 4.4/5 (22 Votes)