Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream - Dairy Free, Paleo
This creamy and smooth tropical ice cream treat is made with chunks of fresh pineapple and coconut. Yum!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut meat, chopped (or dried coconut flakes)
Adapted from livinghealthywithchocolate.com
Begin by making the fresh coconut milk by blending the water and shredded coconut in a blender for 2 minutes.
Strain the milk into a medium saucepan using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth (this should yield 2½ cups of coconut milk).
Alternatively, you can use 2½ cups of full fat coconut milk from can.
Whisk in the arrowroot powder until dissolved, then mix in the egg, raw honey and salt.
Bring mixture to a light boil slowly over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Once it starts to bubble, remove from heat and mix in the vanilla extract
refrigerate overnight and process the chilled mixture in your ice cream maker.
Mix the chopped pineapple and coconut meat into the ice cream and serve.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Bars with Maple Browned... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Cherry Chocolate... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Chocolate-Orange Swirl Cheesecake 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Creamy Herbed Chicken... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Almost-Famous Pumpkin Cheesecake 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Chocolate Walnut... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie (King Arthur... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE 4.5/5 (27 Votes)