Apple Cobbler Cheesecake
I call this combination of two classic desserts my "lucky” recipe. It won top honors when I entered the baking contest in my hometown's annual apple festival.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- COBBLER LAYER:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) jar hot caramel ice cream topping, divided
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 125mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of a greased 10-inch springform pan. Place pan on a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
For cobbler layer, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture. Drop half of the dough by tablespoonfuls into crust. Top with half of the apple slices; drizzle with 1/3 cup caramel topping.
For cheesecake layer, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in flour and water. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over caramel. Repeat cobbler layer with remaining dough, apple and an additional 1/3 cup caramel topping.
Bake 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until cheesecake layer no longer jiggles when moved. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes.
Serve warm or refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled, and serve cold. Loosen sides of cheesecake with a knife. Remove rim from pan. Warm remaining caramel topping. Serve with cheesecake; top with whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Apple Cobbler 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Clinton Kelly's Apple Cranberry... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Vegan Reuben with Corned Beef... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Lemon Spaghetti 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Peanut 'N Pineapple-Crusted Cod 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Curd 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Cranberry Applesauce Muffins 1 4.5/5 (8 Votes)