This rich, intensely chocolate cake is the perfect dinner party dessert because it is both so easy to make and seriously delicious.
- For icing the cake:
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted & cooled
- 2 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup water
- 175 g unsweetened chocolate melted & cooled
- 125 g butter softened
- 125 g icing sugar
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Preheat oven at 350 degree F or 180 degree C.
2. Take a 9 inch round cake pan. Spray it with cooking spray or lightly
butter the pan.
3. Sift all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder & baking soda in a
4. add water, melted butter, vanilla essence, condensed milk. Mix well
5. Pour batter into a prepared cake pan.
6. Bake into preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or till toothpick inserted in
center of cake will come out clean.
7. Remove it from the oven & let it cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
8. Then using a knife loose sides of pan, invert it into cooling rack from
pan & let it cool completely.
For icing the cake:
1. Begin by beating together melted chocolate, butter, icing sugar, cocoa
powder, vanilla essence, beat until very smooth. Add more icing sugar
until you obtain the consistency you want.
2. Cut cake into 3 layers horizontally.
3. Keep one layer of cake on serving plate. Spread 2-3 tbsp of whipped
cream on top of cake.
4. Now place 2nd layer of cake on it, again spread 2-3 tbsp of whipped
cream on top of it & repeat the same with 3rd layer.
5. Cover the cake completely with whipped cream on all sides & the top.
6. Level the top & sides with a broad spatula dipped in chilled water.
7. Decorate the top & sides of cake as per your choice.
8. Keep chilled in the fridge till use.
You'll also love
- Cranberry & Orange Pavlovas 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Pineapple Lush Sugar Free Cake 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Traditional Italian Cream Cake 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Bark 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Ice Cream Layer Cake 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- S' Mores Poke Cake 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Cake: GF Orange and Chocolate Cake 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Mama's Restaurant... 3.7/5 (3 Votes)