Kentucky Apple Cake
A simple, tasty, classic cake your family and friends can all enjoy!
- 2 sticks margarine
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups apples, finely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 100mins
Cream 2 sticks margarine and 2 cups sugar. Add 2 large eggs.
In a separate bowl, combine, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Add dry ingredients to the margarine mixture, mix in: apples, walnuts, and milk.
Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan Spread apple cake batter evenly in pan.
Bake at 350°F. for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
While cake is baking, combine all the glaze ingredients except the vanilla in a medium pan. Stir and cook to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Pour and spread glaze over hot cake as soon as the cake is removed from the oven.
Let cake cool completely before serving. The longer it sits, the better it gets!
You'll also love
- Puff Pastry Peach Tartlets 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Scallops with Apple Pan Sauce 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp & Brussels Sprouts 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Christmas Cookie Dough Dip 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Carrot Cake 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Cardamom Cream Cake 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Lavender & Almond Bessboussa 4.5/5 (4 Votes)