Applebee's Copycat Cajun Shrimp Pasta - (7 ww pts)
No need to leave the house to enjoy this popular Applebee's dish. Enjoy this delicious Cajun Shrimp Pasta just like they serve at the restaurant from the comfort of your home. Bon apetit!
- 12 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend
- 4 ounces fettuccine
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil(original recipe calls for 1 TBSP)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons light butter
- 1 lemon, the juice and the zest
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
Prepare the fettuccine 1 minute shy of the package instructions. If you drop the pasta into the salted boiling water just after starting the sauce they will both be done at roughly the same time.
In a small bowl, mix the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning.
In a large sauté pan over a medium high heat, add the peppers, onions and olive oil with some salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until they begin to soften.
Push all of the veggies to one side of the pan and add the butter, garlic, lemon zest and shrimp to the empty part of the pan then sauté the shrimp for 2 minutes on the first side and an additional minute on the second side. If your pasta in not done yet you’ll need to remove the shrimp from the pan so they won’t overcook.
Continue sautéing the peppers and onions using the whole surface of the pan now and once the fettuccine is done add it to the pan but reserve some of the pasta cooking water in case it is needed to loosen the dish.
Add the shrimp back into the pan then squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the skillet and continue to toss the pasta until everything is well combined then serve.
You'll also love
- Olive Garden® Tiramisu 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Mandarin Pasta Spinach Salad with... 4/5 (15 Votes)
- BISQUICK COCONUT CUSTARD PIE 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Baked Rockfish Fillets 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Vegan Creamy Lemon Asparagus Pasta 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Red Lobster Shrimp Gumbo 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Pineapple Ham Loaf 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Jalapeno and Lime... 3.7/5 (9 Votes)