Raspberry and Coconut Loaf Cake
Found this on a blog called "The Spotty Teapot" and the owner is only 21! Impressive. Although she did find this recipe in a food magazine.
- 150 g Butter
- 150 g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 250 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 100 g Desiccated Coconut
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 6 tbspRaspberry Jam
- 80 g Icing Sugar
- 2 tsp Raspberry Jam
- 2 tsp Water
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
Adapted from spotty-teapot.blogspot.ca
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a 1kg loaf tin with baking parchment.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract, before adding in the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition.
Fold in the desiccated coconut, and then add the flour and milk a bit at a time.
Spoon a third of the batter into the loaf tin, before spreading the raspberry jam in a layer on top of the batter. Cover the jam with the remaining cake batter.
Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, then cover with tin foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes until cooked.
Leave the cake to cook on a wire rack, and meanwhile you can prepare the icing.
Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and add water until it reaches the right consistency. Then add the raspberry jam until you get the desired shade of pink.
Once the cake is cool, spread the icing over the top, and then cover with some more coconut
You'll also love
- Pan Roasted Fish Fillets with Herb... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chicken Skewers with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Rib Eye with Lemon & Garlic 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Florida Corn, Tomato, and Avocado... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Coconut rice cake 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Caramelized Onion, Coconut and Egg... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Framboise Cranberry Sauce 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Goji Berry Almond Butter Recipe 4.3/5 (3 Votes)