Pasta with Sausage, Red Peppers & Herbs
I use Italian sausage in this recipe, but you can try any of the several different types that are available. Try a sausage you've never had before or replace the sausage with cubed chicken.
- 1 lb (500 g) penne
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Italian sausages, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable stock
- one 14 oz (398 mL) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light cream or heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried dill
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried basil
- l/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- l/2 tsp (2 mL) ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a small pot. Gently saute the shallots and red bell pepper for 2 minutes. Add the sausage, stock, and tomatoes. Cook until sausage or chicken is cooked through. Add all of the remaining ingredients. Simmer the sauce for 5-6 minutes, or until it thickens.
Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Pour the sauce over the pasta. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Butternut Squasch/ Apple Casserole 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Fresh Green Bean Bundles 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Southwestern Taco Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- BBQ Roasted Whole Chicken with... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Corned Beef Sliders on Potato... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo ( Light and... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Red Russian Kale and Chorizo Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)