Cajun Shrimp Saute (WW)
Weight Watchers recipe. Four servings (1 1/2 c per serving) (2 pts/ serving)
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb Lg uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, rinsed & patted dry
- 4 T EVOO, divided
- 1 Lg onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 T minced garlic
- 2 Lg yellow bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 Lg Cubanelle pepper cut into 1/2 in dice (can substitute banana pepper)
- 1/2 c roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon cut into 4 wedges
In sm bowl stir together spices, salt & pepper. Place shrimp in Lg bowl; toss with half of spice mix; set aside.
Heat Lg nonstick skillet over med high heat; add 1 T oil; swirl to coat pan. When hot add onion; saute 3 min. Add garlic; cook stirring 1 min. Add peppers & remaining spice mix; saute until tender crisp & lightly golden, 4-5 min. Spoon into bowl; cover & set aside.
Set same skillet over med high heat; add remaining oil; swirl to coat pan. Add shrimp in single layer; saute 2 min; flip & saute to cook through, 2 min more; add reserved pepper mixture; toss to heat through.
Top with parsley & squeeze of lemon; serve.