Sweetie Pie's Macaroni And Cheese
Cheeseville or bust, here we come! It's not easy being cheesy, but this perfectly prepared Sweetie Pie's Macaroni And Cheese recipe will get you well on your way.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cans (12 ounce each) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 pound Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (if you can't find Colby Jack)
- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cut into small chunks
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup shredded American or mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 heaping tablespoon sour cream
Adapted from cdkitchen.com
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer the pasta to a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the whole milk, evaporated milk and eggs. Mix with a fork until thoroughly combined. Add the butter and Colby, Monterey Jack, sharp cheddar and Velveeta cheeses to the pasta. Pour the milk and egg mixture over the pasta. Season with salt, pepper and sugar and toss.
Sprinkle the top of the pasta with the remaining cup of American or cheddar cheese.
Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the top is lightly golden brown.
You'll also love
- Lemon Parsley Baked Cod 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Christmas Crack Corn 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Pasta with Sausage, Red Peppers &... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Southwestern Taco Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pappardelle with Chicken Liver,... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo ( Light and... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- DUCK CONFIT RAVIOLI 4.5/5 (2 Votes)