Stuffed Avocado Garlic Shrimp
- 1 whole medium avocado
- 2 about 2 cups medium to large shrimp, raw or uncooked frozen (defrost prior to cooking)
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg
- olive oil
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- chili powder, optional
Half the avocado and take the pit out.
Scrap out most of the meat, leaving a very thin layer to hold up the shell better. Set aside.
Chop up the meat into squares and place in a bowl. With your hands, squish the squares a little bit, to crush some but so that most keep their shape. Set aside.
In a pan, place about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the minced garlic and the shrimp.
Add a dash of coarse sea salt, and over low heat, cook just until the shrimp turn pink. Do not overcook, or they’ll be dry and hard.
Pour the shrimp with garlic and olive oil into the bowl with the avocado pieces.
Add some chopped parsley or cilantro and mix well. (If you want to incorporate some chili powder for extra flavour, do so now before mixing.)
Spoon the mixture into the avocado shells, sprinkle with some freshly ground pepper, and garnish with additional parsley/cilantro if desired.
(I added a leftover, hardboiled quail egg as garnish, but it’s not essential to the recipe, of course.)
You'll also love
- Shrimp and Grits in Tasso Gravy 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Zucchini Spaghetti Skillet with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Celery Root with Apples, Walnuts... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Baked Ham Recipe 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Rainbow Trout 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Shrimp Burgers 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon-Avocado Deviled Eggs 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Garlic Ranch Wing Sauce 5/5 (2 Votes)