Zucchini Spaghetti Skillet with Kale, Chickpeas and Poached Eggs
This zucchini pasta dish is full of mediterranean flavors and enough proteins and other nutrients to sustain you all day without weighing you down. If you don't have a spiralizer, chop zucchinis instead and transform your dish into a delicious shakshuka! Perfect with toasted pita triangles on the side.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 1 cup diced tomatoes or half a 14-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Mina Harissa Spicy Red Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 small pinch of saffron
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chopped kale
- 3/4 cup chickpeas
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 2 whole eggs
- feta and chopped parsley, to garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from inspiralized.com
Place a medium cast iron skillet over medium-low heat and add in the olive oil. Once the oil heats, add in garlic and shallots. Cook for 30 seconds and then add in the diced tomatoes, harissa sauce, cumin, saffron and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and let cook for 1 minute.
Add in the chopped kale, stir to combine and let cook until sauce is reduced. Once sauce is reduced, add in the zucchini noodles and chickpeas. Toss the noodles around until covered in the sauce.
Move the mixture around to create two pockets for the eggs. Crack one egg into each pocket. Cover the skillet and let cook for about 5 minutes or until egg whites have fully set.
You'll also love
- Celery Root with Apples, Walnuts... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Winter Squash Gnocchi with Brown... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Lamb Saag Curry, with Spinach 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Paleo Cream of Asparagus, Celery,... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Scary Slime Green Bean White Bean... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Anchovy, Fresh... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chickpea Patty Sandwich 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Quickbread - Zucchini Apple Muffins 4.4/5 (10 Votes)