Kalettes Salad with Apples and Bacon
- 5 oz kale sprouts of Kalettes
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 onion, sliced
- zest of 1 orange
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Slice stem end of kale sprouts allowing some leaves to fall loose and leaving center leaves intact. In salad bow., add kale sprouts and drizzle with vinegar. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt and set aside for 10 minutes.
In skillet, over medium heat, add two slices of bacon and cook until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and save grease. Add sliced onion to pan and saute over medium heat until carmelized, about 10 - 15 minutes.
In a measuring cup, add extra virgin olive oil, orange zest, 1/8 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Shake or stir to combine dressing. Add the sliced apple and onions to bowl with kale. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BACON CHEESEBURGER ROLL-UP 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BEEF 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Portobello Mushroom, Hot and Sweet... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Short Rib, Caramelized Onion, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple-Caramel Cheesecake Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Haddock- baked with spinach and... 0/5 (0 Votes)