APPLESAUCE – YOGURT CAKE
- 2 3/4 (12.3 oz | 350 g) cups flour
- 2 cups (14.75 oz | 418 g) sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, see notes)
- 1 3/4 cups applesauce
- 1 1/4 cups yogurt (see notes regarding fat percentage)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon (if using) and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix applesauce, yogurt, egg, oil and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Mine have consistently been done at 55 to 60 minutes.
6. Cool 15 to 30 minutes or longer — I think I let mine sit for 45 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack. Before turning it out, you might want to run a paring knife around the center circle to loosen it a bit.