Healthy Potato Leek Soup
Potato leek soup is a comfy dish that is sure to please. This version has bonus color from bright orange carrots. Veggie broth makes it vegetarian-friendly.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 pound leeks, white and light green parts only, quartered, chopped
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from workitmoms.com
Add olive oil to a large saucepan on medium high heat. Add carrots, celery and onions. Then add leeks and stir.
Partially cover the top of the pot with the lid while the vegetables cook. Stir occasionally. Once the carrots have softened (about 10 minutes) add milk, broth and potatoes and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft (about another ten minutes).
Remove from heat and season to taste. Let cool and use a blender or hand immersion tool to blend the ingredients together.
You'll also love
- Creamed Spinach 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Mini Banana-Maple Pancake Muffins 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Italian Chicken Salad in Lettuce... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Spanish Pork & Fennel Stew with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Asian Vegetable-Beef Soup 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Paleo Sweet Potato Crust Pizza 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- 20-MINUTE MASHED POTATOES 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Spaghetti Minestrone 4.5/5 (11 Votes)