Sweet Potato Biscuits
Try this delicious Sweet Potato Biscuits recipe.
- 1 large red-skinned sweet potat, pierced with fork
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free flour plus additional
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted , chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from epicurious.com
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Line baking sheet with parchment. Microwave potato until tender, about 6 minutes per side. Halve; scoop out 1 cup flesh. Cool. Blend 1 1/3 cups flour and next 3 ingredients in processor. Add butter; pulse to coarse meal. Add potato, buttermilk, and syrup; process to blend. Add nuts; pulse to blend.
Sprinkle dough with flour. Pat into 8 1/2- inch square. Cut into 16 biscuits. Transfer to baking sheet. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes.
8 g fat,
3 g fiber
Nutritional analysis provided by