Spiced Popcorn with Pecans & Raisins
Sweet, spicy and savory, this popcorn pecan snack will become a favorite for your family and friends.
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup golden raisins
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Preheat oven to 300°F. Toss popcorn with pecans.
Melt butter in a small skillet over low heat. Add cinnamon, salt, paprika, turmeric, cayenne, ginger, and nutmeg and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Stir in maple syrup. Pour over popcorn mixture and mix to coat.
Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, tossing every 10 minutes, until dry and nuts are toasted, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool; toss in raisins.
You'll also love
- Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken with... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Noodle Kugel 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Persimmon Cookies 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Black Rice, Beet & Kale Salad with... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled Wild Mushroom and Kale... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp and Corn Cakes 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Hoppin' John 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Homemade Corn Dogs 4.3/5 (7 Votes)