Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken with Apple Salsa
From the Costco Connection magazine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch and cut in half
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 8 oz. macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- 1 1/2 c. diced fresh pineapple
- 3 T. minced fresh apples
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 c. diced yellow pepper
- 1/4 c. sliced green onions
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
Salsa: Mix the salsa ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
Season the chicken with salt & pepper
Place nuts on a sheet of waxed paper
Press chicken onto nuts to adhere nuts, one side at a time.
Set each piece aside until each slice of chicken is covered in nuts on both sides.
Heat oil in large skillet and cook chicken over medium heat until golden about 3-5 minutes on each side.
Serve the chicken topped with salsa.
You'll also love
- New Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan... 3.9/5 (321 Votes)
- Noodle Kugel 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Caldo de Verduras con Conchitas... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Persimmon Cookies 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Black Rice, Beet & Kale Salad with... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Spiced Peach Jam 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Jack Treats 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)