Smoked Gouda-Chorizo Jalapeño Poppers
This crowd-pleasing appetizer will keep all your family, friends, and loved-ones well-fed and happy while the main course comes together. Smoked Gouda-Chorizo Jalapeño Poppers are the perfect snack for any occasion from gameday to an elegant dinner filled with spice-loving guests. Pair these poppers with the light beer of your choice or even a light white wine or champagne.
- 2 (14-ounce) packages Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1/2 pound smoked gouda, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Frank's Red Hot hot sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 large jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded and halved
- parchment paper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Brown chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Drain and place into a large mixing bowl. Add the cheese, red onion, egg, cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste.
Press into jalapeño halves and assemble on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Beef-Stuffed Crescents 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Hershey's Kisses Acorns 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Italian Turkey & Orzo Soup 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Peanut... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Sausage Pancake Muffins 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Cranberry Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Mint Oreo Cookie... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Baked Ziti 4.5/5 (14 Votes)