Italian Sausage Baked Ziti
By Nicole S
- 4 cups uncooked ziti pasta
- 1 lb. bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 jars (24 oz each) caramelized onion and roasted garlic tomato pasta sauce
- 2 logs (8 oz each) presliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, using minimum cook time.
Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Remove from skillet; set aside. Cook mushrooms and onion in drippings 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
In large bowl, stir together cooked pasta, sausage, mushroom mixture and pasta sauce. Spoon half of mixture into baking dish. Top with half of the mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon remaining pasta mixture over cheese. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese slices.
Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is browned and melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer.
You'll also love
- Asparagus Foil Packet for the Grill 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Banana Bundt Cake 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Macaroni and Cheese w/ Jalapenos &... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Chopped Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Sausage Crescent Roll Pinwheels 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Three-Cheese Beef Pasta Shells 4.2/5 (50 Votes)
- Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup 4.6/5 (9 Votes)