Italian Turkey & Orzo Soup
Ground turkey soup flavored with fresh oregano, garlic, and crushed red peppers, with whole wheat orzo and spinach. Nutritious and tasty!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 4 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup uncooked whole-wheat orzo pasta
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add turkey; cook 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble.
Add oregano, mushrooms, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add stock, 2 cups water, salt, red pepper, and tomatoes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; bring to a boil.
Add orzo; cook 7 minutes. Stir in spinach and rind; cook 2 minutes.
You'll also love
- Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Peanut... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Creamy Hot & Spicy Shrimp 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Sausage Pancake Muffins 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Cranberry Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Cracked Out Chicken and Rice 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Bacon Chocolate Scones 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Baked Ziti 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Turkey Breast Stuffed with Italian... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)