Lazy Day Cabbage Roll Casserole
Feeling lazy? Try this super simple and tasty Cabbage Roll Casserole recipe for a great weeknight or 'lazy day' meal.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 small cabbage head, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from momspantrykitchen.com
In a deep dish skillet with a small amount of oil, brown ground beef, and onion. Drain.
Add the minced garlic to the ground beef with onions and give it a quick saute.
Add in water, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in the uncooked rice at this point if using.
Place chopped cabbage in pan, and toss to combine all ingredients.
Cover the pan with lid and simmer for 30 minutes or until cabbage has cooked.
You'll also love
- Seafood crescent roll 3.9/5 (56 Votes)
- Authentic Chile con Queso 4/5 (83 Votes)
- Mom's Greek Peas & Potatoes 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Mini Pumpkin Pie Slice Cookies 3.9/5 (68 Votes)
- Spicy Canned Banana Peppers 3.8/5 (169 Votes)
- Olive Garden's Chicken Giardino 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Nacho Stuffed Shells 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Rols 4.5/5 (6 Votes)