Spicy Canned Banana Peppers
I took two recipes & combined them to make these Spicy Canned Banana Pepper. Hubby likes this recipe because it has a little spice to it. We will also add the crisping granules. A yummy way to preserve that summer goodness!!
- 4 C banana pepper, about 10-12 peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced in half
- 2 tsp whole black peppercorn
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seed
- 1 1/2 C water
- 1 1/2 C white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt, or pickling salt
- 4 cups banana peppers, about 10-12 peppers
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, or pickling salt
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from canninggranny.blogspot.com
Wash the peppers, then cut off the tops and slice them into 1/2”-3/4” rings. Remove some of the seeds and discard.
Pack peppers into prepared jars (I prefer pint size, but quarts will work just as well). If desired, add Pickle Crisp Granules to jar (1/8 heaping teaspoon for a pint or heaping 1/4 teaspoon per quart jar).
Put water, vinegar, garlic, peppercorns, red pepper, sugar, mustard seed & salt in pot & bring to a boil. Let it simmer on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. I then remove the garlic cloves from the mixture. Pour hot liquid over prepared peppers, being sure to include some of the spices in each jar. Leave 1/2" headspace. Wipe the rims & tighten lids to fingertip tightness. Process the jars in a boiling water bath, ensuring they are completely covered with boiling water and process for 10 minutes.
After processing, remove jars with jar lifter and set them on a folded dish towel on the counter to cool... and listen for the PING of each successfully sealed jar!
You'll also love
- Tate's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip... 4/5 (67 Votes)
- Crispy Chicken Stew with Lemon,... 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Pot Stickers with... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Cheese Straws 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Beef Stew 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Homemade Canned Pizza Sauce 4.1/5 (42 Votes)
- Fried Pickle Poppers 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Salsa Verde 4.5/5 (8 Votes)