Nacho Stuffed Shells
Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with seasoned ground turkey, cream cheese and refried beans smothered in a garlic tomato sauce. Serve topped with cilantro and sour cream if desired.
- 20 uncooked jumbo shells (20 points)
- 15 ounces canned tomato puree (0 Points)
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat free salsa (0 Points)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (0 Points)
- 2 tablespoon reduced sodium taco seasoning (2 Points)
- 1/2 cup water (0 Points)
- 1/4 cup Weight Watchers Reduced fat whipped cream cheese spread (6 Points)
- 16 ounces fat free canned re-fried beans (9 Points)
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped (0 Points)
- 1/3 cup Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Mexican blend shredded cheese (3 Points)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped, optional (1 Point)
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream, optional (1 Point)
- 1/2 pound uncoooked ground turkey breast (4 Points)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In large bowl, stir together tomato puree, salsa and garlic powder. Spread 3/4 cup sauce mixture in bottom of a 13 × 9 × 2-inch baking pan. Reserve remaining sauce.
Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Rinse with cold water and drain.
Cook turkey in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, over medium heat, breaking pieces up until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in taco seasoning, water and cream cheese, stirring until cream cheese is melted; simmer until thickened. Stir in refried beans and green chilies.
Fill shells with bean mixture, using 2 tablespoons filling per shell. Place filled shells in prepared baking dish, top with remaining sauce.
Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes; sprinkle with cheese and cilantro, if desired. Uncover and bake 5 to 10 more minutes.
Serve topped with cilantro and sour cream (optional). Enjoy!