Authentic Chile con Queso
Queso has always been a crowd pleaser, this creamy green hatch chile queso is always a good appetizer recipe that everyone will love!
- 3 Hatch green chiles
- 3 jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups grated Asadero or White Cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- Tortillas for serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from trimdownglobal.com
Roast the chilies and the jalapeños under the broiler until blackened, about 5 minutes per side. Place them in a paper sack or plastic food-storage bag, close it tightly and let them steam for 20 minutes.
After the chilies have steamed, remove them from the bag and rub off the skin. Remove the stems and seeds from all the chiles and slice into thin, long strips.
In a large skillet, heat the butter on medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for 30 more seconds. Pour the half-and-half in the skillet and then add the chile strips. Turn the heat down to low and, a little at a time, add the grated cheese, stirring until it’s melted. Add salt to taste. Serve immediately with warm corn or flour tortillas.
You'll also love
- Spicy Canned Banana Peppers 3.8/5 (164 Votes)
- Tate's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip... 3.9/5 (64 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Pot Stickers with... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Cheese Straws 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Edamame & Ricotta Toasts 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Corn Bread Shortcake with Ham &... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Christmas Cookie Dough Dip 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient White Queso Dip 4.4/5 (7 Votes)