T.G.I. Friday's Spicy Cajun Chicken Pasta
A little spicy, this Cajun Chicken Alfredo is similar to what you can get at T.G.I.Friday's, but now you can make it at home. So, save yourself a trip, and serve with a side salad and some yummy bread to soak up the sauce.
- 1 (10-ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cooked and sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup V-8 juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cook fettuccine to al dente, drain, and set aside.
In large size saucepan, heat the oil. Add garlic, and sauté for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 1 minute, then add peppers and continue to sauté for another minute.
Deglaze with chicken stock, bring to a simmer, and reduce by half. Add V-8 juice and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Mix cornstarch with cold water to make a slurry. Add slurry to sauce, stirring constantly until it reaches saucy consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the fettuccine to the sauce and gently mix until it is heated.
Arrange the fettuccine on serving dish and top with chicken breast. Sprinkle with parmesan and parsley. Drizzle with olive oil if desired.
You'll also love
- Butter Burgers 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Chicken and Dumplings in a Crockpot 4.3/5 (116 Votes)
- Chicken Teriyaki Recipe 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Avocado Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (102 Votes)
- Stupid Easy Slow Cooker Chicken... 4/5 (167 Votes)
- Gus's Fried Chicken 3.8/5 (433 Votes)
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta 4.5/5 (99 Votes)
- Max & Erma's Chicken Tortilla Soup 3.9/5 (231 Votes)