Juicer Orange Pulp Scones
Just made this recipe and picture is result. I was being a bit free in measuring.. but this is close. Batter is sticky. DELICIOUS. I used pulp from my Omega Juicer. I'm not a baker but I HEAVILY modified a muffin recipe and this came out superbly. I used HALF the sugar of the muffin and less oil, canola.. maybe half there, too. Honestly, it was great, but it certainly didn't lack in sweetness so if that much sugar bothers you, experiment. Mix the dough and make one. Add more sugar if it isn't right. Experiment.
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil, maybe a little less, see description
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups orange pulp. I used all the pulp from two huge oranges and one small tart green apple, juiced seeds, pulp and all except I cut off most of the orange skin, leaving lots of the white "stuff".
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon. baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, optional
Adapted from whitehallfarm.webs.com
Beat together eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla until well blended. Then fold in orange pulp.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then, slowly, add to orange mixture and blend well.
Then fold in cranberries, if you so desire. Honestly, I just hand mixed it all together in one bowl, washed off all the sticky stuff from hands and THEN formed them.
Shape roughly into whatever scone shape you prefer. Scones require a lack of perfection to be right. Set oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and bake for 20 minutes or so.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Scones 4.4/5 (95 Votes)
- Strawberry Curd 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Apple Bacon Coleslaw 3.9/5 (53 Votes)
- Irish Lemon Pudding Tart 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- ONE POT CILANTRO LIME RICE (WITH... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Banana Bread 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Chai Spiced Monkey Bread 4.4/5 (16 Votes)