ONE POT CILANTRO LIME RICE (WITH BLACK BEANS)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, chopped, seeded and deveined (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups long grained rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken broth (may sub vegetable broth)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 3 tablespoons green chilies (from 4 oz. can of green chilies)
- Freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
Adapted from carlsbadcravings.com
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add red onions and jalapenos saute 3-5 minutes or until tender.
Add garlic and cumin and saute 30 more seconds (adding more oil beforehand if necessary). Add rice and saute for a few seconds. Add beans, green chilies and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low (dial should be a little above lowest setting) and simmer, covered, for approximately 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring at 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in butter to melt (optional) and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
You'll also love
- Lamb-Bacon Burgers with Spicy Aioli 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- ALICE WATERS’ POTATO GRATIN 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Carrot Cake with Ginger Cream... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Pizza Roasted Chickpeas 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Yogurt and Apricot Pie with... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Salted Butter Apple Galette with... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Linguine with Lemon Cream and... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Lime Pickles Recipe 4/5 (26 Votes)