- Optional Recipe:
- 3 cups strawberries, washed and sliced in quarters if large, half if smaller
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Zest of 1 lime
- A pinch of kosher salt
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons superfine sugar
Adapted from bluekaleroad.com
In a medium sized saucepan, stir and mash the strawberries over medium heat until they break down and become saucy, about 10 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and continue to stir until the butter has melted and the curd thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon, about 5-10 minutes.
Watch to be sure the mixture does not become too hot and curdle.
If needed, turn the heat down to medium-low.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour curd into a jar.
Let cool, then cover and chill.
It will keep in the fridge for a few weeks.
Put the strawberries into a blender and puree until smooth.
Place the sugar and the eggs into a saucepan, whisk together to combine and then add the strawberry puree; whisk over medium-low heat.
Slowly add in the chunks of butter, whisking vigorously after each addition to blend, and then bring the mixture to a boil.
Remove the curd from the heat and cool slightly prior to using.